When you become a member of IPT, you gain access to essential tools and resources that will enhance your performance and help you achieve your professional goals. Membership also connects you to tax professionals who become part of your professional network. Whether you consider yourself a specialist in Income, Property, Sales, Value Added Taxes (VAT), or Credits and Incentives you’ll find peers who share the same challenges and are equally willing to share their knowledge and experience.
Exceptional Learning Experiences – the Institute for Professionals in Taxation® offers a host of programs designed to meet your specific needs. From targeted professional seminars, schools, and symposia in each tax discipline, to the Annual Business Meeting, and the Annual Conference, you’ll find professional development options that are right for you. And, of course, all at a Member discount.
Benefits of Membership
- Educational Opportunities and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit - Access to industry-leading professional development and education programs, including schools and symposia for each tax discipline (Income, Property, Sales and Use), Value Added Tax and Credits and Incentives symposia, Local Luncheons, seminars, and Annual Conference all at a Member discount.
- Professional Opportunities - An extensive network of tax professionals sharing knowledge and best practices.
- IPT Website - Online ethics courses, discussion forums, job postings, and additional resources for professionals in the tax field.
- Subscriptions - Subscription to IPT's monthly Tax Report and Member Newsletter, providing analysis on judicial and regulatory developments and current IPT news and events.
- Member Database - Access to our comprehensive and user-friendly member database with the ability to search for more than 4,000 members by name, company, tax specialty, state, etc.
- CMI Professional Designation - Industry credibility through exclusive Certified Member of the Institute (CMI) professional designations in each of the three state and local tax (SALT) specializations, Income, Property, Sales and Use Tax.
- Strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct - Code governs the conduct of members in connection with their performance of their professional duties as tax professionals and Members of IPT.
- Committees - Opportunity to participate on committees that offer unlimited leadership opportunities and superior networking.
- Sponsorship Opportunities - Branding and visibility at IPT events.
- Recognition for Participation - Recognition via IPT's Awards Program for participation and contributions made to IPT and the tax profession.