News & Announcements
May Member Newsletter Now Available for IPT Members Click Here to sign in.
If you already signed in click on your name in the top right hand corner of the webpage and go to My Membership tab to acces the Member Newsletter.
IPT's May Report now available - click here.
2013 Advanced Income Tax School
Check Out the New Agenda for the 2013 IPT Advanced Income Tax School. We've
added new courses and instructors and have refocused course materials to
make sure students get the most advanced instruction and insights. Brand
new courses for 2013 include Transfer Pricing and Related Party
Transactions, Foreign Affiliates, Advanced Issues for Passthroughs and more.
2013 Advanced Income Tax School Brochure
2013 Advanced Income Tax School Registration Form
Or if you are new to the State and Local Income Tax Field then the 2013 Basic Income Tax School is for you!
2013 Basic Income Tax School Brochure
2013 Basic Income Tax School Registration Form
2013 IPT Annual Conference Registration Now Available
Tax professionals from all over the U.S. and Canada will meet in Orlando, Florida
in June for IPT’s Annual Conference to participate in educational sessions
designed to challenge and inform those from all tax disciplines.
This two-and-half-day program, including the Annual Business Meeting,
is open to all IPT members and employees of member companies. The Conference
offers a forum for discussion on a number of current issues and concerns in
concurrent sessions for Income, Property, and Sales and Use Tax members, set in
an environment encouraging informal contact with colleagues.
Conference will provide you with the opportunity to:
• Keep abreast of trends and issues affecting State and Local
Property, Sales and Income taxes
• Participate in educational sessions on specialized topics of current
interest, such as VAT and credits and incentives
• Expand your knowledge and stimulate your thinking as tax
• Exchange professional ideas with colleagues in an informal
• Enjoy this spectacular resort in Orlando and its numerous
recreational opportunities sure to be of interest to your whole family
• Enjoy the Social Program, including a Sunday and Monday Evening
Reception and, on Tuesday evening, a dinner party
• Bring along a spouse or guest to share in the Conference's Social
Program (Optional Paid Admittance)
• Meet with key product vendors and service providers of interest to tax professionals.
Make your hotel rservation - https://resweb.passkey.com/go/IPTAnnualConference
2013 Annual Conference Registration Form
2013 Annual Conference Brochure
There is a full program offered in each tax discipline and the brochure is
designed to show the complete program for the property, income and sales tax
professionals. Don’t delay, register now!
New this Year -- Exhibits at IPT’s 2013 Annual Conference Now Include Service Providers.
Service Providers can now exhibit along with product vendors. Whether you’re looking to showcase your products/technologies in the state and local tax arena or provide state and local tax services to businesses, then this is the place to be. You can select a booth ($2000) or table ($1500) for your exhibit. Exhibitors will be present for two receptions and Monday lunch. Space is limited.
- Demonstrate Products and Discuss Services; and
- Make Connections with State and Local Tax Professionals to understand their needs and current issues.
Your “beyond the display
” presence extends outside the dates of the Annual Conference. Beginning May 1, as soon as you sign up, your company logo will appear on IPT’s website and remain until the end of the year. The exhibitors are also listed in the Annual Conference Highlights in the Member News.
Detailed information is provided in the Exhibitor Guidelines, including booth and table dimensions. Don’t miss out. When you Exhibit at IPT, you get more than floor space!!
Exhibitor Guidelines Exhibitor Application
|Sunday, June 23, 2013
||5:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.
|Monday, June 24, 2013
||11:45 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
|Monday, June 24, 2013
||6:00 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.
New Credits & Incentives School and Designation
The IPT Board of Governors approved the creation of a Credits and Incentives School and Certified Credits & Incentives
Credits and Incentives School
The Credits and Incentive School Committee is hard at work developing curriculum specific to the unique field of Credits and Incentives. The school will utilize both distance learning and face-to-face meetings. The committee expects to launch the Credits and Incentives School in April 2014.
Certified Credits and Incentives Professional (CCIP)
A committee of experienced professionals is developing the certification program which will be built on experience, education, and examination requirements similar to those in the CMI programs. The committee is working to ensure that the Certified Credits and Incentives Professional (CCIP) designation will gain the same stature the CMI designation holds as a measure of professional competence and accomplishment. A brochure and application will be made available to the IPT membership in January 2014 with the first exam opportunity for eligible candidates in June 2014.
Member number 2000 on IPT's LinkedIn Discussion Group
IPT wishes to congratulate Tina Beilke, CMI of the The Inland Real Estate Group/Investors Property Tax Services, Inc. on becoming the 2000th member to join the IPT LinkedIn discussion group! Tina will receive one copy of the IPT State and Local Income Taxation Book, IPT Property Taxation Third Edition Book and the IPT Sales Tax Book. All of these great IPT publications can be purchased by IPT members for $75 a piece with the exception of the IPT State and Local Income Taxation Book which is member priced at $100. IPT looks forward to Tina and all the LinkedIn discussion members making the IPT LinkedIn discussion a valuable information tool. Make sure you click on all of IPT's social media links at the bottom of the page - Join today!
Duff & Phelps will be the Signature Sponsor for the 2013 Annual Conference.
We are pleased to announce that Duff & Phelps will be the Signature Sponsor for the 2013 Annual Conference.
Duff & Phelps is a leading global financial advisory and investment banking firm that provides expertise in the areas of valuation, transactions, financial restructuring, alternative assets, disputes and taxation. With an array of specialized tax services, including property tax services, tax technology, business incentives advisory, unclaimed property tax risk advisory, and transfer pricing, Duff & Phelps tax professionals have knowledge and expertise relevant to today’s changing tax and regulatory landscape. Duff & Phelps is a market leader in providing property tax compliance, advisory services, technology and business process outsourcing to manage all phases of the tax lifecycle, from valuation and payments to appeals and negotiation with third parties.
Duff & Phelps has been active in the Institute through providing program speakers, committee members and chairs, sponsorship resources, and senior leadership positions in the Institute.
The Institute wishes to express its appreciation to Duff & Phelps for its willingness to take the lead in this important program. The resources made available through Signature Sponsorship will be used to support IPT’s educational goals for the Annual Conference. The Institute’s core principles and non-solicitation policies remain firmly in place at all IPT programs.
We look forward to a successful 2013 Conference and hope many of you will join us there.
For more information about Duff & Phelps and the services they provide, visit www.duffandphelps.com
New Online Continuing Education Tracking System for CMIs
Effective immediately IPT will now track CMI continuing education through a new online system to allow CMIs to access their status report through the IPT website. Please take a few minutes to sign in to the IPT website to review your CE Status Report and make note of your "term began" and "term ends" dates.
You will no longer submit non-IPT Continuing Education to the IPT office through email, fax or mail. Rather, you will sign in to the IPT website, fill out the form and upload supporting documentation. This new process will allow for a timelier posting of CE to your report. Attendance at IPT programs will be automatically posted to this report with the exception of Local Luncheons. The Local Luncheon Chairs will continue to submit sign-in sheets to the IPT office.
To access your CMI Status Report:
1. Sign In at www.ipt.org
2. Click on your name in the top right corner.
3. Click on the “CMI Members” tab.
4. In the top right corner of this section, there is an option to request your Status Report. Click that link and fill out the form.
5. An email will be sent to the email address on file with IPT.
To submit non-IPT Continuing Education:
1. Sign In at www.ipt.org
2. Hover your mouse over “Professional Designations” on the main blue menu bar, and click on “Application for Non-IPT Continuing Education Credit.”
3. Fill out the form, attach the supporting documentation, digitally sign the form and click submit.
4. You will receive a message that the form was submitted.
New Policies Regarding Distribution of School Materials for Various Groups
Changes have recently been made regarding distribution of School Materials for Various Groups. Please see the information below regarding Students at IPT Schools, Challenge Examinees and CMI Candidates.
Materials for Students at IPT Schools:
1. Students will be able to download, save and print copies of the book chapters, appendices and breakout problems/case study student copies seven days before the school and during the school. Students can only download the materials to a single device.
2. Students will be able to download, save and print copies of the problem and breakout solutions until 14 days after the school.
3. Students can order a printed copy of the book for a set price of $50 up to 14 days BEFORE the school.
4. Each page will have a copyright indication in the footer of the page.
5. IPT will print copies of the instructor book for their use.
Materials for Challenge Examinees
1. For 2013 - Examinees will have read only access to the book chapters ONLY during the challenge period. No access will be granted for the case studies, breakouts or answer keys.
2. Each page will have a copyright indication in the footer of the page.
3. This policy will be revisited for 2014.
Materials for CMI Candidates
1. CMI Candidates will be able to download, save and print copies of the book chapters, appendices and breakout problems/case study scenarios and solutions during the candidacy period.
2. Each page will have a copyright indication in the footer of the page.
3. CMI Candidates will lose access after the candidacy period or a CMI is earned, whichever comes first.
NOTE: Each group will receive the most current information available and new materials will be uploaded each year seven days before the respective school. – Effective Date: November 11, 2012
Important Changes in IPT's CMI Property Tax Designation Program!
Effective November 9, 2012 CMI property tax applicants must now attend both the Personal Property Tax School and Real Property Tax School as part of the requirements to sit for the CMI Exams. A successful challenge exam result will not be accepted in lieu of attending the two schools. Current CMI candidates who applied prior to this effective date will be grandfathered in during their current candidacy period. If an applicant does not complete the requirements during their current candidacy period, he or she may reapply under the policies in effect at the time of the new application. Both the written and oral examinations must be passed during the same candidacy period. For more information, please see the brochure and application on the CMI Property Applicant
On The Move - Member Career Changes
A change in career is always an exciting time. IPT would like to recognize its members as they reach career milestones and to share the event with the rest of the IPT community. Members who have recently changed employers and/or positions can submit their information to IPT for inclusion in our new “On the Move” page. We will include as much of the listed information as the member wishes to submit. After sign in, please click here to navigate to the “On the Move” page and see where your colleagues have landed. And be sure to use the links at the bottom of the page to share your career move as well when the time comes. Only available for current IPT members.